Friday 4 March 2011

Hello, my name is Frog!

At least this is what my daughter wrote to show me how to blog!  Why not I thought??  It's as good a start as any I could think of....

I recently received some goodies in the post.  I got them from Seamstar, an online fabric shop in the UK that I read about on  I'm a Ginger Monkey.  Thank you to both Seamstar for a really propmt delivery of some gorgeous fabric and to Ginger Monkey for the recommendation!   It was good to find somewhere in the UK.


my little parcel of goodies!

Tonal bundle Fire

Dan Stiles Marine bundle

 
 

I also got to do some sewing this week on a WIP - I think I can call it that now - it is a basket quilt that I started in September last year at a class with Margaret Hughes at my LQS the Quiltroom in the lovely town of Dorking.  I love the quilt but wanted to make it bigger, hence the delay in finishing it.  I now think I will add a border rather than disrupt the symmetry of the original design.  I hope to sew all the rows together and the corner setting triangles soon and then I will need to think about the border - mmmmm??   Any suggestions?



Here is a better photo from the washing line:



 


I have to say I am in awe of all the blogs I have come across but you do have to start somewhere... 

Have lots of sewing fun this week!  I know I have...

Nicky

2 comments:

  1. Hi!! Great blog...will follow with interest to see new projects commence and old ones finish!!!!xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.....get reading......I want to read Falling Leaves xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...