Wednesday 13 April 2011

Crochet cuteness on the beach!

We were away on the Isle of Wight at the weekend so had a few fun moments on the beach.    While the usual sand castle building and person burying went on ........





. 
 


............ I was getting down to some crochet action! 






I know I said I wanted to make the cute granny square bag first from the Nicki Trench book I bought, but somehow when I was buying the yarn I ended up buying for another project - a round cushion cover.  Lovely colours don't you think....?



I bought the yarn from the Laughing Hens online-shop as we no longer have a decent yarn shop in the vicinity. :(  The order came very quickly!  Another Nicki Trench success as she founded the shop and Rooster yarns too. 


Must be a busy lady, but when I e-mailed her about the supplier for an extra large crochet hook she e-mailed back very quicky.  She obviously understands that when you want to get crafting you want answers quickly! 






What can I say... the cushion cover is quick to make, and it was easy.  Instructions were clear but I ran out of grey yarn on the last round - could be because my tension is too loose but I had to finish in a different colour.  As that doesn't really bother me much I'm still thinking this is a great book: cute & easy crochet by Nicki Trench.

Here is the (almost) finished product - just waiting for a cushion pad to fill it up and then double crochet the opening closed, then it's ready for the Summer House, which is being built in the garden.



Do you like my cushion cover? 

Now if I just use that link I can go back to Laughing Hens and get my next order in for the Granny Square bag,  have to go, crochet is becoming addictive....


Nicky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...