Monday 11 April 2011

In the hedgerows.....






From Shakespeare's The Tempest:

ARIEL [sings]
Where the bee sucks, there suck I;
In the cowslip's bell I lie;
There I couch when owls do cry
On the bat's back I do fly
After summer, merrily:
Merrily, merrily shall I live now,
Under the blossom that hangs on the bough.



Okay no cowslip here but a close relative - the primrose! 
This bee was flying from flower to flower with his tongue sticking out - I suppose it took too long between flowers to roll it back up again.













If only we stoop to look, Nature provides us with hidden treasures in the banks and hedgerows.  Who needs a garden?   What are your favourite wild flowers?  Here are some of my Spring favourites - and bluebells to come!

Happy treasure hunting!
 
Nicky

1 comment:

  1. We have wild lupine that grows in the high desert where I live. It thrives no matter what and makes a statement because of its bright purple color.
    Spring hasnt quite arrived here yet.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...