Tuesday 26 July 2016

Scraptastic Tuesday - my new sampler

Scraptastic Tuesday




I am looking forward to making a start on this quilt next month, which I have drawn up in EQ.  The blocks are 12" in size, and placed on point.



 
 I bought this grey patterned fabric (4.25 metres of Prisma Elements - Matte Zirconia) from The Village Haberdashery.  I will be using it for the setting triangles and alternate squares. 

The rest of the fabric will come from my scraps or stash.



Here is my quilt with my chosen fabric in place - EQ is quite clever that way! 





I will be sharing a tutorial for each block on #scraptasticuesdays and I'll be starting with this block: Kansas Star - I will need four of these for the quilt.







 

It is a nine patch block made up of snowball or square in a square units.  




I will be making nine of these units though the colour placement will vary to make the star pattern.



So why not join in next week and make some Kansas Star blocks along with me?  

3 comments:

  1. I'll be here next week. I want to make a baby quilt so I think one of each of the block could do the trick. I'll have to eliminate one and that will be a tough decision. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it; I'm adding this to my listing: http://quiltingmod.blogspot.com/p/links.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...