Friday 5 August 2016

A-line Skirt number Two!

A-line skirts are nice and easy to wear aren't they!

So why not make two?

I made this one already ....



A bit of a warm up for this fabric from Lecien, which I have had for ages but again didn't have quite enough fabric.




I had thought I would make a yoke in a contrast fabric but didn't think I could adapt the pattern that much....not yet anyway!

So I went with a contrast border again but added a trim from my stash....



And a contrast waistband...






It was made using a nice straightforward A-line pattern from this book.

 Dressmaking - primary image  


 
This is my seventeenth finish from my FAL list!   I'll be linking it up at the end of this quarter. 


Here is my original list.




Finish A Long 2016

3 comments:

  1. Another lovely skirt. You will have a new wardrobe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the contrast hem and waist band!

    Congratulations on your finish, and thank you, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts, for taking part!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...