Wednesday 25 May 2011

Basket weave quilt

Another course with Carolyn Forster at the Quilt Room.

This was a lovely simple quilt to put together but I have gone and complicated things with my quilting which I am doing by hand.  It has more detail than I would usually do as there are quite big areas of open space.




The fabrics in this quilt have an autumnal feel so I have quilted leaves with a small grid background.  Unfortunately I seem to have misplaced the quilting stencil I was using so have not got any further.





I am using the quilt as you go method and have pieced all the strips, layered and basted them.  All I need to do to finish this project is lots of hand quilting on quite narrow pieces at a time.  This makes it much more portable - maybe it could be a waiting in the car project.  Then once they are all quilted I will stitch each row together. 



Must find that template so I can get this quilt finished or I could try and copy it from the two I have already quilted!  Either way it should be finished for autumn....but which one 2011, 2012,...?

Nicky

  

1 comment:

  1. That is a BIG project - all that hand quilting. But it is looking great so far.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...