Monday 29 September 2014

Star Plus Quilt

I saw Claudia's fabulous pattern, Star Plus, a while ago on IG and she was asking for testers - I loved the pattern so much I put my hand up!  






Claudia kindly allowed me an advance copy of the pattern to test and I thought it would make a gorgeous boy quilt with it's graphic look.  I haven't made a quilt just for my son in a long time though he has adopted several and particularly took to the colour scheme of this one!




So when I asked which colours to make his star plus quilt he wanted the same colours!  In fact I have included some of the same fabrics!

Hopefully I have risen to the challenge....






And I have enjoyed everything about it - well perhaps I would be happy to miss out on the HST trimming.   

I love the very graphic block, the different sizes of the blocks and to my surprise I have enjoyed searching through my black, grey and white fabrics.  I was particularly pleased to find a good home for these happy skeletons dancing around the background in this star!  My son has a sense of humour!





And of course I loved adding that injection of dark red.  Just enough I hope!  

Now I'm just waiting for the backing fabric to arrive and then I can finish this quilt off for his Christmas.  This will be on my next FAL list for sure.

As you can see my quilt is quite different from Claudia's quilt and I can imagine some other beauties with this very versatile pattern.   I can thoroughly recommend it and will probably make another more colourful version sometime ....thank you Claudia and wishing you every success in launching your pattern.

This is Claudia's second version in linen and red! 



21 comments:

  1. It is a great pattern- very striking and graphic! I have made at least three red, black and white quilts over the years- its a classic palette, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt! Your color choices and placement are perfect!!!! Just fabulous, Nicky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful!! and how clever of you to say yes to testing a pattern after you've seen it!! Then you know what's coming to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a great pattern, and I love the colour palette - always hard to get it right for boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your version is wonderful. I have been watching Claudia make hers on her blog, it is a wonderful pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rendition is gorgeous! Graphic and very bold.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done it great justice. Well done Nicky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous and I still maintain, very sophisticated!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job with this, it looks great, pattern is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it ! Hope you let us know if she makes a pattern of it and when it is available :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. That star plus is fabulous! Love the black one. So dramatic

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! I have no doubt you will have it finished for the big C! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really modern take on stars. Your fabric choice is just right too. How are you planning to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a gorgeous pattern and your version is brilliant for a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I already saw the Quilt on IG and I love the colors!! The red is enough and it makes a great effect! My son would love this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this quilt and I'm confident you will have it finished and wrapped by Christmas morning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep, just the right amount of red - really makes this x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This pattern is gorgeous. I love it in the black white and red. I'm going to have to go find it. Is it a free pattern/tutorial?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...