Sunday 17 July 2016

Welsh blanket cushions - Third finish of the FAL quarter three

When I was trying out a pattern for Mary Emmens - her St David's cross quilt - I made a couple test blocks to see if my chosen colour scheme would work out.  I used similar colours to my final choice but picked from my stash.



Here are the two blocks I made



And here they are as cushions!  



The back of the cushion is made from two stash fabrics. 



 The black text print is used in one of my blocks.  I had a red zip and a white one.   So to make it less obvious I made a flap to conceal the zips. This also makes them reversible.

And here is my attempt at styling my makes - look I even have magazines and cut flowers in the photo.  I guess looking at lots of quilting magazines does make a difference....




I'll be linking this finish up to the Finish-A-Long at the end of the quarter.

Here is my original list.







Finish A Long 2016

8 comments:

  1. You are really powering through your list. Lovely finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great going...you are very focused on your list! Pretty cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love this quilt, both sides. Congrats! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finish! Love your color choices, and the quilt just jumps off the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finishes! Wow, you're on fire!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect Autumn colours and a very different feel to them. Quilt and pillows look impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice. I love that orange! Thanks for joining in the FAL on behalf of the cohosts! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...